“How to Have the Best Sex”
Craig and Molly Sandborn
Talking about sex, love, relationships, dating
Craig was a 35 year old virgin. Why?
- It was a choice.
- 1. To honor the Lord
- 2. Didn’t want to deal with the consequences
- When you take something outside of what it was intended to be used for, there are always consequences.
- There is a reason why we don’t play basketball with a bowling ball.
All across America, 2,000 young teenage girls are getting pregnant in the next 24-hours.
8,000 STDs are being passed withing the next 24-hours.
- STDs are spread through any type of sexual contact.
The best sex is in the context of marriage. Where you don’t have to worry about that crap.
God says “wait” because he doesn’t want you to live with those consequences.
- He wants you to have fun
- He’s not a fun sponge!
God has your best in mind
- John 10:10 – The thief comes only to steal, and kill, and destroy; Christ has come that they may have life, and have life to the full.
- The thief is out to destroy!
- Christ has LIFE for you!
- Molly also committed to saving sex for marriage. And was attracted to Craig because of the self-control it took for him to save himself for marriage as well.
- Are you willing to wait for God’s best?
- Do you really believe that God has your best in mind?
- If you have had sex before marriage, is there a rule saying that you must continue doing it?
God cares about the details
- Psalm 37:4 – Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
- When you take the time to press into God, your desires will become His and His yours.
- They will become unified.
- Molly wanted to give herself a nickname: “MJ”
- Craig was hoping that her middle name started with a J so that he could call her MJ
- That was amazing to Molly
- Do you believe that God cares about the details?
Partner with your parents
- Meeting the Parents
- From Molly’s Dad, Craig had to complete an application to date Molly
- Application was reviewed.
- Molly was 26 at this time and Craig 35. She didn’t have to bring Craig home, but chose to do so out of respect.
- If your parents aren’t there for ya, God will provide another adult in your life. Tap into their wisdom.
- Your dads know what it’s like to build up the courage to ask a girl out. Ask him…
- Your mom has dealt with ‘liking’ a guy and dating
Boundaries are beautiful.
- The kiss
- Craig asked for a kiss goodnight
- Molly had set the boundaries on not having sex.
- At 17, Molly still hadn’t kissed a guy. And made a commitment to not kiss a guy until her wedding day.
- So, it was an awkward moment for them. Didn’t kiss goodnight.
- They were then able to talk about making the commitment together. And did.
- Molly’s first boyfriend was at age 26.
- She waited for God’s best
- KNOW your boundaries
- COMMUNICATE those boundaries
- PROTECT your boundaries
- God is calling you to a commitment to boundaries.
- What are those boundaries?
- Consider God and what he calls you to.
- Consider your future spouse. What do you want to have left for them?
- Think about everybody else. Be an example. 1 Tim 4:12.
- Eph. 5:3 – Not even a hint of sexual immorality
- The dilemma: Can we even share a hotel room?
- The answer was no.
- Molly stayed in the room, Craig slept in the car.
- When you find someone who honors their commitments at whatever cost, fleeing temptation; that is cool.
- In 7th grade, Craig was in a room alone with a girl.
- He ran out of the room to flee. She ran after him.
- She kept chasing, but Craig just ran and ran and ran away.
- We should pray that we should not be led into temptation.
- Don’t pray it when your IN it.
- Pray that you are not led into tempting situations.
- There are a lot of temptations
- The party scene
- Movies alone
- 1 Cor 10:13 – No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. When you are tempted, He will provide a way out.
- God will not allow you to be tempted more than you can handle.
- He will provide a way out.
- The way out is not always convenient.
- Commitment is rarely convenient. But it is always your calling.
- What about the temptation in your mind?
- We need to renew our minds in Christ daily.
- 9/10 men have a struggle with lust/pornography
- XXXchurch.com – Free site for online accountability
- Pornography is an attack on God. Flee it.
- Give your spouse the gift of your eyes. Have eyes only for him/her.
- Girls – Modesty. Flaunting it is similar to ‘sexting’
Only CHRIST will complete you
- Content and complete in Christ comes first.
- A girl will not complete you. A guy will not complete you.