“Dial It In”
Conference Theme: Amplify
Sunday PM Session
Col. 1:12-14 – Give thanks, you are new in the eyes of Christ.
It doesn’t matter that your identity used to be in sin
- You’ve been put on a new team
- You have a new identity
- That is the message of the New Testament
- If we miss this, we think that Christianity is about what to do and what not to do.
Christianity is not about what to do and what not to do. Christianity is about being renewed.
- If we miss the message of the Gospel, then we end up with a hollow Christianity.
- When we miss the message, Christianity becomes a club to join and not a Christ to follow.
If your Christian faith is just about rules then it falls short of what God intends for you to experience.
The Old Testament was about law and rules. That was how you had a relationship with God. When Jesus came to earth, it was no longer about a set of rules but a relationship with Jesus.
Col. 2:20-23 – Now that you’ve died with Christ, the old law has also died.
The law is powerless from saving us. Powerless from transforming us.
There is a difference between a swimming pool and a kiddie pool.
- When you live your faith only by a set of rules, that’s a kiddie pool faith.
- You’re splashing water on yourself and you think you can swim.
- Yet, someday you will be thrown in the deep end…
Often times, we’re looking for the rule. “What’s the standard so that I know how far I can go…?”
“Virtue is what happens when wise and courageous choices become second nature” -Cicero
You have a moral muscle that needs to be stretched and worked out. Over and over and over.
Habits are powerful. Every action you do leaves a trace in your brain that makes it easier to perform over time.
- Habits can change, they can be re-routed
- Ask God to change you. For the strength to change your habits.
- Begin to transform and actually look different. Look like Jesus.
Being transformed is a commitment.
- Not just going to church once a week.
- Living it. All the time.
Failure is not your enemy. Failure is not the enemy of the Christian faith.
- God’s grace is powerful. Live in it.
- Get up and keep going.
- Your enemy is waking up in 10 years and not being any different.